J & M Enterprises specializes in classic British motorcycle restorations and powder coating services for individuals and industry.
J & M Enterprises has been in the custom powder coating business since 1993. As the first Powder Coating shop in south Jersey, we were the first to powder coat for such clients as Boyesen performance products, Factory Connection suspension, Hyper Bicycles, multiple Harley Davidson dealerships and many more.
Powder coating is a type of dry coating, which is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a “skin”. The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer. It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of automobile and motorcycle parts.The Primary Benefits of Powder Coating are:
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings than conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coating overspray can be recycled and thus it is possible to achieve nearly 100% use of the coating.
- Powder coating production lines produce less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings.
- Capital equipment and operating costs for a powder line are generally less than for conventional liquid lines.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences between horizontally coated surfaces and vertically coated surfaces than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
We have extensive experience with custom motorcycle and automotive powder coating applications putting us a step above the competition. Our competitive pricing and quality ensure us as leader in the custom powder coating business.
We are also the leader in small-batch, custom safety glass coating for scientific and other laboratory applications.
Please contact us with any powder coating needs to get an estimate. With our small personal size we cater to custom requests with the utmost quality and excellence.